Hip Mobility and Functionality Through Yoga
April 24 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm EDT$25
We spend a lot of time sitting and standing, which can affect the mobility of the hips. The hip joint is made up of 17 muscles so no wonder hip stretching is one of the most common requests in a yoga class.
Opening with a discussion of the anatomy of the hip joint, we will work on stabilizing and increasing mobility of the muscles that support the hip.
We will discuss:
• How the hip moves
• How the movement of the hip is different for each person depending on their physical make-up and life experience
• Common causes for tight hips
• Modifications for your yoga practice
• How to deepen the stretch and what that means
• Why the strength of the hip is just as important as mobility
• The philosophical connection to the hips
With a short flow to warm the body through intelligent sequencing, we will review and experiment with some of the most common hip postures in yoga asana.
This is an opportunity to learn the mechanics of the body as it moves through asana specific to you. Perfect for beginners and seasoned yogis alike.
This workshop counts as 1.5 hours toward Yoga Alliance Continuing Education (CE) credits for YA registered Yoga Teachers.