- This event has passed.
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
June 4, 2022 @ 9:00 am - June 5, 2022 @ 4:30 pm EDT
This restorative yoga teacher training will offer insight into the foundational restorative yoga postures and how they can be sequenced to offer full-length and short restorative yoga practices. This training is perfect for anyone who wants to learn more about restorative yoga, build a restorative yoga practice, and yoga teachers who want to offer a gentler practice in their classes and with private students. Each session will offer a combination of theory, application, practice, and teaching.
Dates and Times
June 4-5, 2022
9am – 4:30 p.m
$199 early bird by May 14
$250 regular pricing
Registration closes at 5pm, Thursday, June 3, 2022
Restorative yoga is the art of being, not doing. Restorative yoga sets the body up in positions to passively stretch while being supported by props. This extra support from the props releases the mind from trying to keep the body engaged or to work through unnecessary tension so the mind and the body can work toward full rest and rejuvenation. Restorative yoga helps the nervous system to remember how to rest when stress is high, stimulates circulation, and releases tension.
In today’s culture of overachieving and multi-tasking, it is little wonder that most people indicate having moderate to high levels of stress. Stress can present itself physically in the body through tension headaches, muscle or joint pain, fatigue, and a foggy mind. Restorative yoga allows the body to rest
and reap the benefits of the functions of the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Create a nurturing and well-rounded restorative yoga class
- Teach effectively in person and online
- Breakdown the set-up of key restorative yoga postures and understand modifications, benefits, and contraindications
- Learn to appropriately support different bodies with props for deep rest
- Discover ways to utilize at home items as props
- Learn to transform almost any asana posture into a restorative posture
- Cultivate language and insight to build sequences around body areas, desired effect, or general sense of calm
- Investigate spinal alignment to determine how to best support the body
- Work with different techniques to guide and support students through their rest
- Uncover breathing techniques to bolster your sequence’s desired effect and support relaxation
- Learn different ways to sequence and cue a class based on your environment and availability of props
- Recognize when students are uncomfortable and how to best assist them verbally and with prop adjustments
- Gain an understanding of the basics of how the nervous system works and how the parasympathetic nervous system functions for stress management
A minimum of 10 students, combined livestream and in studio, is required for the training to run.
Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teachers will receive a certificate for 16 CEU hours. To receive the full 20 hour certificate, a homework assignment will be provided and must be completed within 30 days of the training.
Vaccinations and Boosters required for in-studio classes at Radiance Yoga:With the recent increases in cases of COVID-19 our current vaccination policy will be expanded to require booster vaccines for all teachers, staff, and students who wish to practice in-studio.
We require all those who wish to attend in-studio classes to be fully vaccinated and boosted (per CDC guidelines) against COVID-19. Please email a copy of your vaccination card to email@example.com to save time in the studio, or you may present your vaccination card (or photo on a mobile device) at the desk. You only need to present your proof of vaccination once and a note will be added to your profile.