- This event has passed.
Spring Ayurveda Cleanse
April 17, 2023 - April 21, 2023
Spring is a time for blossoms, birth, renewal, and the promise of sunshine to come. It’s also when many of us suffer from allergies or begin to feel sluggish from the heavy eating habits of winter. Spring is kapha season where we see damp, muddy, cool, sometimes wet weather. As we enter this season we physically and mentally take on these qualities, which can cause allergies, poor digestion, and lack of enthusiasm for life. This Ayurveda cleanse for spring helps rekindle the digestive fire to begin moving toxins through the body for elimination to help reduce the effects of allergies and put some spring in your step!
Dates: Monday-Friday, April 17-21, 2023
Times: 6:30-7:30am (EST) daily for livestream morning yoga – Four pre-recorded videos will also be provided for evening practice on your own time
Optional Prep Zoom and Group Kick-Off Meeting: Tuesday, April 10, 6-7pm (EST)
Mid-Cleanse Check-In: Wednesday, April 19, 6-6:30pm (EST)
Investment: Register by April 3, 2023 and receive a special care package to support you over the cleanse!*
Registration: $108 individual + $10 per additional person in household, all persons must reside at the same address.
Cleanse on Your Own: $75 – includes handout, access to the web portal with video recordings, Facebook group, and check-in meeting.
Handout Only*: $15 – Only includes handout and does not include access to Facebook group, web portal, videos, or other content.
Add with Spices and Mung: $60 per person – includes spices and yellow mung for the cleanse for each person, all persons must reside at the same address. (Registration is required by April 7, 2023.)
Spring is the time to clear clutter, not just in our homes, but also in our body and mind. A spring cleanse is also perfect for those who tend to suffer from seasonal allergies. An Ayurveda cleanse will:
- bolster the immune system to reduce or eliminate the effects of spring allergies
- support elimination of toxins
- increase energy and vitality
- promote release of mucous accumulation over the winter
- help build a sustainable daily routine for optimal health and wellbeing
- offer insight into your habits
- Daily, Morning Livestream Classes via Zoom with with asana, meditation, yoga nidra, relaxation, and daily exercises.
- Pre-Recorded yoga and meditation classes for evening practice at your convenience.
- Web Portal where you will find all the cleanse materials, tips, resources, and video tutorials.
- Recordings of each class. These will be uploaded daily to a website where you are invited to view them at your convenience and for 1 month after the cleanse end date.
- Facebook community where participants can connect, share ideas and recipes, successes and support.
- Group kick off Zoom meeting on April 10, 6-7pm (EST) to meet, build community and ask questions – recording available for those who missed it or sign up after this date.
- Check-In via Zoom on Wednesday, April 19, 6-6:30pm (EST)
- Kitchari cooking tutorial video.
- Sample grocery list and recipes for the cleanse.
- Tips for success!
- Option to purchase the lentils and spices to support you during the cleanse.
What to Expect
This cleanse is a mono-diet where for three days you will eat the same basic meal for all three meals. Monday and Friday are transition days where you will incorporate your regular foods while beginning to reduce sugar, caffeine, and dairy. Tuesday through Thursday, all three meals will consist of kitchari, which is a rice and lentil dish cooked with a specific blend of spices. Don’t worry, this is easier than it sounds. You are invited to add seasonal vegetables and nuts to the kitchari to help keep it interesting and to ensure good nutrition. The dish can also be made sweet or savory to appeal to your palate.
Additional daily practices you can do on your own will be recommended to help support your body and mind during the cleanse. The goal of these practices is to begin a daily routine to support your individual constitution and health.
More details and a full class schedule will be provided with course materials after registration. All materials will be emailed to registrants on April 10, 2023, or at time of registration if after April 10. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: No refunds. All course materials and videos will be provided, so if you are unable to attend live it is still possible to participate. Cancellations received after April 16, 2023 will receive no credit.
Cancellations received before April 16, 2023 will receive the opportunity to participate in the fall cleanse (date TBD). If you have selected the option to receive the lentils and spices and you cancel after April 16, 2023, you may elect to purchase the fall lentils and spices for an additional $60 before the fall cleanse registration deadline.
By registering and attending this workshop, you agree to our terms. Yoga teachers who attend the classes live will also receive up to 8 CEU’s with Yoga Alliance.
* Handout only option does not include any of the supplemental materials, web portal, videos, or any meeting resources. Includes only the handout and access to public videos. This option is not eligible to receive the bonus gift.